Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Horicon, WI

To do:  Ledge Park 
Find it: N7403 Park Road Horicon, WI 

I happened upon Ledge Park while my son & I were in Horicon, WI one day in 2014.  We finished our afternoon visit at the Horicon Marsh and I saw a sign for Ledge Park.  I thought before driving back home, "let's check that out!" and I'm so happy we did.  Ledge Park was a fun place for Devlin to run around and explore and a great place for me to take photos.  We went back one more time to do some exploring.  They even have a parkour course there!


Ledge Park lies along the Niagara Escarpment, a natural rock ledge which divides the park into upper and lower areas and provides a breathtaking overlook of the famous Horicon Marsh and surrounding countryside.

The upper portion is heavily wooded and offers expansive picnicking areas, group shelter, hiking trails, 46 campsites, a restrooom/shower facility, a dump station and the Fort Ledge playground.

The lower portion also offers a group shelter, picnic areas, hiking trails, a wildlife pond and play equipment.  The hiking trails wind along the ledge, between and over interesting rock formations and through heavily wooded areas.  Ledge Park is located in the north central part of Dodge County, between Horicon and Mayville, off of Hwy TW.  It's a convenient place to stay while exploring the Horicon Marsh, the wild Goose State Trail, the Horicon Aquatic Center and many other attractions in Dodge County.

Find details on Ledge Park here.

Here are some photos I took while visiting Ledge Park with my son, Devlin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog